• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone mad? Let's let it all out! Grrrrr

Gavman

Redrachel, think its a meditation on reality thing. The more you reveal of who you are and give yourself the space to be angry or upset and really hear your voice -- the less likely you will work on placating others around you. It takes way to say no and shut up to guilt or if you still have conversations with others, to turn that down and focus on the hurt.. I ask myself what is underneath that?

Like I hate my brother. But I'm really angry with him talking incessantly and being an unsafe person. So I'm scared of him bullying me. I don't want to get hurt or have to be sucked into another's worldview but want to accept myself.

Its vital to listen to yourself, even if no one is listening to you. I am unable to think with noise around me so it really affects me. I'm pissed at my brother but breaking it down helps me see why and let go better. Its his fault he's a prick but me managing what I will put up with is important too.

AFCFS

Redrachel, think its a meditation on reality thing. The more you reveal of who you are and give yourself the space to be angry or upset and really hear your voice -- the less likely you will work on placating others around you. It takes way to say no and shut up to guilt or if you still have conversations with others, to turn that down and focus on the hurt.. I ask myself what is underneath that?.

Maybe I need to think that way for myself too.

Not sure if hey may help, but I found it a good read. It is listed on womensaccounts.com but is applicable to both men and women. It does a pretty goo job of explaining cognitive dissonance, which can often a factor in "standing up for oneself:" The Stockholm Syndrome: The Mystery of Loving an Abuser.

snowathlete

I am mad. Hopping mad.
Just today (well yesterday as its now 1.30am because i have been up so long writing leters of complaint) I had a letter from DWP rejecting my DLA application even though they are supposed to be waiting on a copy of my ESA medical before making a decosion, which another 'business' in the DWP have failed to send me a copy of for 7 months! AHHHH!

My car insurer, privilege, keep sending me threatening letters even though I have already sent them proof of my no claims from previous insurer. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The inland revenue keep messing up my tax and now want me to pay an underpayment from three years ago that they should have told me about back then as they did know. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

And finally specsavers put my new lenses in my current designer frames (that i bought when i had money before ME) then broke the tips. Apparently that's ok tho because they will give me 50% off a new pair. Lucky me! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

What will Tuesday hold for me?