1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone know the name of this symptom

Discussion in 'Neurological/Neuro-sensory' started by taniaaust1, Jun 9, 2014.

1. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    Ive had some issues with this for the past couple of days. When Im walking Im listing to my right side... causing me to struggle to keep my balance and falling that way due to my balance being off and going to one direction.

I cant even figure out what is happening to cause me to do this.. weak leg one side? but it doesnt seem to be anything like that.

Is there a name for this? When a person is like being pulled to one side when walking?

2. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    Could be an inner ear disorder -- do you have dizziness or lightheadedness?

minkeygirl likes this.
  3. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

Yep. Do you also have the problem your foot comes in late?

I think mine is from inflammation of the muscles attached to the hipbone/ pelvicbone and the nerves that control them.

Iquitos likes this.
  4. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

That too. Likely inflamation of the cranial nerves.

5. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    @taniaaust1 - Disequilibrium? It's a sort of ataxia which can have you losing your balance, staggering, or falling in a certain direction. Mild vertigo might also have that effect.

6. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    I believe the term for what you are experiencing is ataxia like Valentijn mentioned -- there could be tons of things that could be causing it.

Iquitos likes this.
  7. Leopardtail

Leopardtail Senior Member

England
    Is it a balance issue? Or is the leg not working?

8. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    I don't have any answers as to what might be contributing to this but I have experienced exactly what you are describing. It happened in the early years of CFS/ME and thank god I only experienced it for a period of time (Cant remember for how long). Havn't experienced it since.

See more popular forum discussions.