• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone know the name of this symptom

taniaaust1

Ive had some issues with this for the past couple of days. When Im walking Im listing to my right side... causing me to struggle to keep my balance and falling that way due to my balance being off and going to one direction.

I cant even figure out what is happening to cause me to do this.. weak leg one side? but it doesnt seem to be anything like that.

Is there a name for this? When a person is like being pulled to one side when walking?

lansbergen

Ive had some issues with this for the past couple of days. When Im walking Im listing to my right side... causing me to struggle to keep my balance and falling that way due to my balance being off and going to one direction.

Yep. Do you also have the problem your foot comes in late?

I think mine is from inflammation of the muscles attached to the hipbone/ pelvicbone and the nerves that control them.

Valentijn

@taniaaust1 - Disequilibrium? It's a sort of ataxia which can have you losing your balance, staggering, or falling in a certain direction. Mild vertigo might also have that effect.

Undisclosed

I believe the term for what you are experiencing is ataxia like Valentijn mentioned -- there could be tons of things that could be causing it.

Tammy

I don't have any answers as to what might be contributing to this but I have experienced exactly what you are describing. It happened in the early years of CFS/ME and thank god I only experienced it for a period of time (Cant remember for how long). Havn't experienced it since.