• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone know of a doctor, still prescribing antiretrovirals?

Charles555nc

I saw a doc in Texas for my XMRV positive test a couple years ago. She gave me some antiretrovirals and yet I could not tolerate them.

Since then I went on famvir and LDN for 6 months that made me able to take Valcyte (couldnt tolerate before) which has helped alot. Ive been on Valcyte for 4 months now.

I was going through my meds and found the retrovirals where I had left them. I decided since I felt like my chemical allergies/explosive side effects were at an all time low, Id try the Truvada and see if it helped.

My eye turned bright red like a vampire with a single pill, and I got the worst herxheimer headache Ive ever gotten until I took some benedryl, and my gut still hurts....as my digestion improves immensely. Alot of my symtpoms improve, especially fearfulness of leaving the house, and my skin is clearing up alot. Memory is improved but more slowly.

I REALLY want to get onto antiretrovirals....the problem is the doctor I saw is in Texas and I am in North Carolina. Also XMRV has supposedly been dis proved yet the whittemore peterson institute is still investigating retroviruses (which I think they should).

Little help with a nearby doctor?

Also I have read that Truvada can be given for daily use with gay men to prevent HIV.

undcvr

SWIM knows docs who will prescribe it as a prophylactic and it is becoming more common

Ema

Do you want to actually tell me who or what is SWIM? and how to get in contact with them?
SWIM stands for "someone who isn't me". It's commonly used on forums when one might not want to admit to doing or knowing something publicly.

I would send a PM.