Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone in Melbourne Australia getting a diagnosis?

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by wonderoushope, Dec 5, 2017.

1. wonderoushope

wonderoushope Senior Member

Hi there,

I am just wondering if anyone was able to get a diagnosis of CFS or Fibro in Melbourne, Australia? I went to dr Oldmeadow at the Alfred Fatigue Clinic who was pretty useless. He was all over the place.

I might need a diagnosis of Centrelink benefits and just wondering how on earth do you get a proper diagnosis?

2. E.man

E.man

Bega Valley , Australia
    You'll need a convincing case for Centrelink if you're applying for Disability on 'fatigue ' grounds .
    To be excused from job searching requirements you need a standard medical certificate.
    Can't be anymore help from here.
    A Fatigue Clinic !! Bloody hell. The things you can find in a city.

3. wonderoushope

wonderoushope Senior Member

It wasn't that helpful. It's amazing what taxpayers money goes towards.

Hmm, yeah the thing is I work for myself which is fine because it allows me to pace myself and work my own hours and work on my food sensitivities with a dietician. If I had to work full-time I think all that effort would go down the sink, and I would surely crash again.

Still would like to know how people do get to claim disability. I mean I am more than happy to work, it's just that it has to manageable type work so I don't go backwards.

4. E.man

E.man

Bega Valley , Australia
    I had a one man job until I fell over and passed out in the front yard. End of.........

Don't take my comments as gospel. You should confirm with Centrelink. ( Don't worry about the 150 million unanswered phone calls last financial year ).

For Disability it means you have to be full time disabled, otherwise you can try for Sickness benefits. Sickness requires medical certificate, Disability requires you get a medic to fill in half a book (Disability Application from Centrelink).

If you can get by on the part time hours you can work it will be easier not having to deal with Centrelink.

wonderoushope likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.