• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone here who followed dr Cheney's clonazepam treatment and tapered off with Tranxene ?

Per the title: anyone here who followed dr Cheney's clonazepam treatment and tapered off with Tranxene ?
That is supposed to be his way to get off clonazepam. I am on clonazepam 2 mg single dose a day (not diagnosed with ME/CFS, but that is a long story).

I have been unable to taper it directly, and no, the solution is NOT to go slower.
Clonazepam is a nasty toxic compund, and I'm physically dependent on it, along with tolerance.

Per dr Cheney's protocol: tapering off with Tranxene and 'doxepin elixir'.
That was all I could find. So again, anyone here who has done this himself/herself or who knows of someone who has ?
I don't even know what the protocol says about how often to dose it a day or if it even works.