The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone here is going to start Pridgen's protocol?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Folk, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Folk

Folk Senior Member

I'm going to see some docs this week to see if they can help me with the protocol.
    If not I'm going to start it on my own.

Since the results were very positive, who here is going to start doing the protocol soon?

2. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Hi Folk,

I've already been on a version if the protocol (with lower doses) for a while now just by coincidence as another doctor suggested this. Recently I changed from Valtrex to Famvir with the Celebrex. I am only on a low dose of each as financially I cannot afford to buy more though.

Folk likes this.
  3. Folk

Folk Senior Member

How's that working out for you? to soon to tell?

4. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
  5. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    I was unknowingly doing it for over six months and didn't notice much.

6. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    From what I have seen, this protocol is more effective for fibro than for ME/CFS. So your diagnosis could be an important part of a decision about whether to try it.

Sushi

7. Hip

Hip Senior Member

@voner recently asked me about the idea of using herbal COX-2 inhibitors in place of the celecoxib used in Dr Pridgen's protocol, with the view to reducing or eliminating the risk of gastric side effects produced by such NSAIDs. My response I have copied below, in case it is of use to anyone else:

ukxmrv likes this.
  8. Folk

Folk Senior Member

@ukxmrv How's it going for you on the protocol?

9. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Sorry about the late reply @Folk

I'm having problems getting the drugs. My NHS doctor won't supply them (Celebrex he tells me is banned in the UK and he won't prescribe the antivirals) so I am having to buy privately.

At the moment I am out of Famvir and using up my existing supply of Valtrex but at a low dose only. Celebrex is still providing a long lasting effect on my pain. I can stop and start that and the pain relief remains for a while.

So too soon for me to comment on the Famvir/Celebrex combo until I can afford to buy some more.

See more popular forum discussions.