• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone here a patient of Dr Peterson's?

Ivana

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone here is a patient of Dr Peterson's. I have a few questions about his protocol, treatment techniques etc.

Sorry if I don't reply for a while, I am having a rough patch with the M.E.

Best wishes,

Ivana

TheMoonIsBlue

Hi Ivana

There is a member named CORINNE who saw/is seeing Peterson.

I cant get a link to paste on here but i used the search engine and typed in "Corinne Peterson" and her name came up.

Could someone help Ivana get in touch with Corinne?

Ivana

Yes, that would be great. Thanks, Moon.

I've tried finding her here on the forum, but no success.

Best wishes
Ivana

TheMoonIsBlue

I bumped up a thread in the "Phoenix Rising Articles" section (near the top) titled "Article: Corinne at Dr Petersons" it is there now, can you find it?

I think there was another member named Tristen who also was seeing Peterson if I read correctly....looks like Corinne was last logged in a month ago

If you cant see it, click on my username and click on my message, you'll be able to find it that way

SOC

Ivana: You might want to check on the length of the waiting list and the nature of patients he is accepting at this time before you invest too much energy in finding out about his treatment plans, etc. He's a great doc, from all I've heard, but also a very busy one.

Ivana

yeah i spoke to his staff, could take ages.. But ive read a lot about his kind of treatment and wanted to hear more from patients, rather than just reviews

greenshots

I could be mixing him up with Cheney but someone else PM me a while ago about one of these two charging $750 or a 30-60 minute phone call. Either way, that seemed outrageously expensive.

greenshots

Thankyou, I don't want to make the wrong assumptions about a different doc. So Cheney must think he's worth that but they really need to remember something, we aren't all independently wealthy sick people! I consider that bilking, no matter how good you may be. No wonder so many can't get well.

Ivana, I've been seeing Dr. Peterson for 2 yrs. He's a wonderful, caring doctor who really wants to help his patients. I think if you are realtively young and haven't been sick a really long time...like 20+ yrs. it is more likely you can get an appointment sooner rather than later. He doesn't do "bandaid" treatment. He does exhaustive testing for viruses and immune dysfunction. I took Valcyte for 1 yr. with some good result, although not what he thought to be successful. I am in the midst of Vistide infusions now. This is for EBV (which the Valcyte knocked down), CMV & my seemingly #1 enemy, HHV6. Also have complicated immune dysfunction. Think we all have that. I've been ill over 9 yrs at this point.

Regarding, seeing Dr. Peterson. Call and ask for a new CFS patient packet. Don't be put off by the info on $$ to pay up front, etc. Gather any lab reports you have, write a brief history of your illness & send it back in. He accepts medicare. I have medicare & a BS supplement. I didn't pay anything up front and my extensive lab work was covered except for the ones that went to Wisconsin Viral (not a medicare provider). The total cost was not that much. The main expense would be to travel there and stay a few days to complete the testing. Then of course you would need to go back in about 6 wks. and depending on treatment prescribed you may have a local doctor who would support his treatment and follow up. I have met Corrine and she is an extremely nice person. Her blog is detailed and can give you an idea of what to expect. To my knowledge he doesn't do phone or skype appts. I'll be glad to answer any questions you have when you feel up to it. So sorry you are feeling so sick.