The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone helped by Huperzine & Vinpocetine ?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Bansaw, May 26, 2016.

1. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

My doc a couple of weeks ago mentioned Huperzine to me. And I look online and it is often taken in conjunction with Vinpocetine.
    Anyone here been helped by that combination.
    And if so, what is a good brand?

2. Michelle

Michelle Decennial ME/CFS patient

Portland, OR
    My integrative medicine MD prescribed something called Nitric Balance, which has both Huperzine and Vinpocetine as well as a few other things, and I have found it helpful both for a wee bit of energy and with pain. It basically has a vasodilatory effect. The downside about the product (aside from price: approx $38) is that you must buy it directly from a health care provider. Not sure if that's because it must be refrigerated at all times or if it's some sort of financial deal. I've been using it since late 2011 but have found its helpfulness interesting considering this research about the use of nitric oxide donors and problems with eNOS (if I remember correctly...).

3. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

Canada
    I use Huperzine for mental alertness. It does seem to help think faster, make decisions, remember what you're supposed to remember, etc, but you can develop tolerance to it fairly quickly so you wouldn't want to take it daily. I always use it with another nootropic, too, which apparently boosts it's effectiveness.

@Bansaw

4. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

What other nootropic do you use? Good point about resistance development. I tend to take supplements 5 days adn then give my body a 2 day rest every week.

5. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

Canada
    I also take nootropil, phenylpiracetam, a caffeine-theanine combo and tiny amounts of modafinil. Only on days when I need to perform mentally more than usual.

@Banshaw

6. funkyqueen

funkyqueen Senior Member

South of France
    i tried piracetam but at low dosis, and few days only, because not sure about what am I doing...
    I mean, i do not know if it's a good thing to take brain vasodilatators, if i have( and i have ) ischemic problems and very poor blood flow ( without being able to correct in appropriate way this poor blood flow )

Is it not likely to do more harm than good?
    Any one have a though about that ?

7. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH

See more popular forum discussions.