• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone Have Lyme with MTHFR also ?

vortex

I am hetero 677 and have been taking methylation protocol for about 3 years. I got very little improvement in my cfs but continue to take it hoping that eventually I will come around.

Well I got diagnosed with Lyme disease recently, which finally makes sense of the source of my cfs rather than mthfr.

so I started doxy and have been taking it for about 2 months and then last week all of a sudden I starting feeling Overmethylation despite not changing my dose for methylfolate/mb12.

I am getting that startup internal grinding trembling feeling. It's been happening for about
a week and I end up having to take niacin which stops it quickly. I even stopped taking methylfolate for about a week and it is still happening !?

Not sure if anyone here has Lyme too but I am wondering if the Lyme somehow inhibits
Methylation and now that I am killing the bacteria suddenly there is a return of methylation.

Can anyone figure out the connection?

Chocolove

Tournament of the Phoenix - Rise Again
You might want to get in touch with Jamie Horn, I think she knows some with this combo.

Chocolove

Tournament of the Phoenix - Rise Again
You might want to get in touch with Jamie Horn, I think she knows some with this combo. Google: Jamie Horn MTHFR

winston

I am hetero 677 and have been taking methylation protocol for about 3 years. I got very little improvement in my cfs but continue to take it hoping that eventually I will come around.

Well I got diagnosed with Lyme disease recently, which finally makes sense of the source of my cfs rather than mthfr.

so I started doxy and have been taking it for about 2 months and then last week all of a sudden I starting feeling Overmethylation despite not changing my dose for methylfolate/mb12.

I am getting that startup internal grinding trembling feeling. It's been happening for about
a week and I end up having to take niacin which stops it quickly. I even stopped taking methylfolate for about a week and it is still happening !?

Not sure if anyone here has Lyme too but I am wondering if the Lyme somehow inhibits
Methylation and now that I am killing the bacteria suddenly there is a return of methylation.

Can anyone figure out the connection?

I have just been diagnosed with Lyme after 15 years of being told I have CFS. I also have MTHFR a1298c two copies and started the b oils several months ago, had one month started feeling better than it was gone. I also have high lead and high mold and E. coli in gut. Have a new natural path and he says we need to treat gut first than Lyme. Let me know how you are doing with Lyme treatment.

Lena

vortex

Update - Something changed in my b-12 uptake.

I have been doing b-12 shots for a long time using methylcobalamin injection of 12mg. and they always spill over into the urine and make it pink but since I switched from doxycycline to MMS something shifted and I noticed the b-12 doesnt spill over into my urine any more. Really weird.

Is the methylcobalamin actually being taken up and used now rather than passing right through ?

There is something weird going on with the methylation and lyme disease.

Overall I feel so much better after switching from the doxycycline to MMS, I am not sure if it is a chicken or the egg.
Is the MMS killing off or clearing something out that was in the way of my methylation and I am feeling better because of lyme die-off or because my methylation is finally working ?