• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone Have Experience With Hyperbaric Oxygen Thearpy?

T

Terri

My new DO also provides a lot of alternative therapies and recommends hyperbaric as something that will help me feel better. The treatments seems expensive to me but that wouldn't matter as much if it is effective.

Any thoughts or experiences?

K

_Kim_

Hi Terri,

jenbooks has extensive experience with hyperbaric, including a mishap that damaged her ear (if I remember correctly). Maybe you could send her a PM and ask about her experiences. She doesn't post here that often anymore.

Andrew

A friend of mine said that he noticed a positive effect after his first session. The effect lasted a week. He tried again and it worked again. Anyway, he felt it did him so much good he bought one, and uses it once a week. It's the kind with no extra Oxygen.

He has offered to let some of use try out his machine. Nobody has reported the same effect he found. I had to shut if off right away because my ears hurt too much. If I were to try it again, I'd have to have chewing gum, just like I do when an airplane descends. One woman I know didn't try his, but when to the same place he first went. She got worse for months.

One thing my friend makes clear is he started feeling better in the last 10 minutes of his first 1 hour session. IOW, it is possible to know right away.

leelaplay

Hi Terri,

jenbooks posted a lot on this. You could look her up in the community list, then find all her threads started and posts and/or use the advanced search with the term hyperbaric and also her name

K

_Kim_

Hi Terri,

jenbooks posted a lot on this. You could look her up in the community list, then find all her threads started and posts and/or use the advanced search with the term hyperbaric and also her name

I would second that advice, except the Search Function is dodgy. I have not been able to get it to work properly since the upgrade.

T

Terri

The search function is definitely dodgy, the last few times I have tried to use it it seems to bring up every post on here. But I'll try through the member page with her posts.