A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

anyone have burning, aching legs?

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by LJBluesky, Feb 6, 2013.

1. juniper

juniper

Melbourne
    I too have pain in my lower legs, starting just above my knes and going all the way to my feet. Majority of pain rests in my knees, calves and ankles, and this is gets worse as the day progresses to the point where it is excruciating in the late afternoon/evening.

Interestingly my cfs doc recommended spine xrays for this, as problems with lower spine could be the cause of pain in lower legs - I'll be checking with my rheumatologist this week and can report back on this as a possible line of investigation. Until then i survive on constantly elevating my legs wherever/whenever possible, OTC pain drugs (that don't really do the job) and pregabalin that i take for back pain...as wellas ice/heatpacks :)

Stretched and Mel9 like this.
  2. Stretched

Stretched Senior Member

U.S., Southeast
    These symptoms can also identify with vascular disease, i.e. plaque in the femoral arteries which can manifest as gradual increasing pain down the legs into
    the feet... .

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    juniper likes this.
  3. Stretched

Stretched Senior Member

U.S., Southeast
    BTW, as addendum to my post, above, #60, I came across another source for dealing with burning feet, as I recall, from ‘Handbook of Natural Medicines.’ it’s Pantothenic
    Acid, Now Foods (available from regular supplements stores, eg Amazon). I bought a large bottle and have tried 1 cap, twice daily for the last month. It does seem to partially help - with the burning/pain sensation, but not the deeper ache, at least not yet. FWIW, This is one I would and have increased MDR on the label (for therapeutic dose.)

4. Mollymolly

Mollymolly

Yup same her dull pain , burning very painful I tell a doctor and they looking at me like what are you talking about ... when I say that I am experiencing partial paralysis, I cry all the time from pain and no it is not easy to walk beyond my understanding how sever it is and just because you can't see it like broken leg it is much harder to get any pain relieve ...

5. Mollymolly

Mollymolly

Yes pain and burning legs also back ..:(

6. TrixieStix

TrixieStix Senior Member

Have you been tested for Small Fiber Neuropathy. It's done via a simple skin punch biopsy from the leg. I have Small Fiber Neuropathy and for me it causes symptoms like those you describe (along with others).

See more popular forum discussions.