• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone feel worse with CPAP/BiPAP?

GONZ0hunter

Hi all.. I just recently started with a CPAP also.. my 02 levels are dropping to 52% during the night and close to 200 apnea events etc... They say is it anatomy with me... The first night went ok - I got one with the nasal pillows and feel like Darth Vader suiting up to go to sleep.. The next day I had one of the best days I had experienced in a LONG time... then the next day was s***...and so have been the next 3 days.... Which is what led me to pop on here an cee if anyone has experienced this...

I am wondering if the extra oxygenation is killing off a lot of my viral and bacterial pathogens. After all they HATE OXYGEN right? Could this be why many of us feel WORSE???? I am gonna stick with it for a month and see what happens and I will report back... It only stands to reason that it can and probably DOES cause HERX!

I will check back in in a month.. I want to feel like I did the first day... every day....

But at almost 55 ... I don't get my hopes up for anything anymore after battling the beast for nearly 40 of those long hard years....

Fight on!!! And PS I too would horrify you if I told you what I have spent FIGHTING for 40 years!! it is in the hundreds of thousands...I assure you... GRRRRR

Bipap and oxygen stopped my constant infections. I have complex apnea as well. My body is fucked multi system fails.