• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone feel a little better at night?

Orla

Before I got sick, I used to have a schedule about 6.30am to 10pm. Last night I didn't fall sleep until after 6 am :aghhh: I woke briefly at 8.15am am due to noise from nearby building work, and woke properly then I think at about 11.30am. It takes me a while to get going in the morning, at least an hour but often a few hours before I feel properly awake and ready for the world. I was never like that before.

Sleep reversal has gone really bad this week. I've had a few sleeps til 3pm in the last week. I really need the sleep but it is not the ideal time of day for it. Waking earlier in the day didn't seem to get me off any quicker at night though.

Normally (ME normal) I am more like awake at 12 noon and fall asleep by about 4am, and I seem to function best when the schedule is about that. and I am really feeling the winter already (this normally doesn't happen until about November). I am hoping it was just a bad week and not the start of a really shit winter.

TrixieStix

Lately I’ve realised that at night I somewhat feel a little better than what I did throughout the entire daytime. My neurological fatigue has improved and I just feel in general, a little better.

Anyone else have this?
I've experienced this since becoming ill. I have delayed sleep phase so "evenings" for me are very late so my best hours are when everyone else is sleeping.

belize44

I am curious how many of us are morning vs evening people, i mean before coming down with ME/CFS compared to afterward.
I was a night owl long before this illness hit! I also have the delayed sleep phase syndrome, which used to wreak havoc with any work schedule. Thank God I don't have to keep a schedule now!