1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone familiar with Parasitology Center in AZ?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by minniemom2011, Mar 15, 2011.

1. minniemom2011

minniemom2011

I'm thinking about getting a stool test done and am trying to research which lab seems to be the most accurate. The Parasitology Center in AZ was recommended to me by a nutritionist. Has anyone ever heard of this lab?

Any thoughts on which lab and tests are the most accurate? I know I have some mild gut dysbiosis - don't think it's too bad, but I want to know exactly what I'm dealing with. Thanks!
  2. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi. minniemom.

This is Dr. Omar Amin's lab, and as far as I know, they have a good reputation. Also, as far as I know, they analyze for parasites (protozoa and worms) as well as yeasts, but they don't do bacteria. To look for bacterial dysbiosis, as well as a variety of other issues related to the digestive system, I prefer the Diagnos-Techs Expanded G.I. panel, which requires a doctor's order. The Genova Diagnostics comprehensive digestive stool analysis is also good, as is the Metametrix G.I. Function profile. I think Doctor's Data lab offers a stool test, too. Some of these are available without a doctor's order from www.directlabs.com

The most comprehensive testing of the digestive system in ME/CFS is done by Dr. Kenny de Meirleir in Belgium. In addition to the types of testing above, he does breath tests for fructose and lactose intolerance, uses a stool test that preserves the anaerobic bacteria, and also tests for D-lactate in the blood and H2S in the urine, both produced by gut bacteria.

Best regards,

Rich
  3. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    Hi,
    I wanted to add some new information I have learned about stool testing. This was from Dr Timothy Buie's talk at the fall DAN! conference. He gave 2 talks and I forget which of the 2 he presented this information in.

Basically he said that doing analysis of microbial DNA from tissue samples taken during endoscopy is not comparable with what is found in stool testing. In other words, the stool does not represent what is in the tissues in the gut. I do not know why this would be and he did not discuss why. He said he will treat negative pathogens if they show up.

He also said that you will not get rid of bad microbes with antimicrobials and biofilm protocals until motility, digestion and inflammation are corrected.

I'm going by memory here as I'm at the b'fs and don't have access to my notes.

He presented a lot of new concepts and i really think he is worth paying a lot of attention to.

Regards,
    GP

4. Marg

Marg Senior Member

Wetumpka Alabama

See more popular forum discussions.