1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone else seem "immune" from colds and viruses?

Discussion in 'Immunological' started by cigana, Sep 29, 2010.

1. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Mark. come to think of it I recall reading a Cheney document that breaks the illness up into three stages or phases. Too tired to look it up now, though.
  2. tolduiwuzsic

tolduiwuzsic

South Carolina
    @Mya- so true, the chronicity of the illness really skews perceptions about our baseline level of functioning.

leela and mark-I also went through the hypersomnic dead-sleep phase. That's when I first realized there wasn't enough sleep in the world to feed this disease
  3. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
  4. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    I've just started another stinking cold that will take me weeks to get rid of - I catch one virus after another.
  5. lancelot

lancelot Senior Member

southern california
    Having had disabling CFS/ME for almost 3 years now and i haven't had a cold or flu in that time.
  6. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    Talk about tempting fate! I just came down with the most stinking cold I've had in years! 3 days now, I think that's the longest in over a decade!

No mystery about how it occurred. I've been driving myself incredibly hard lately due to pressure of a work deadline - a situation I go to great lengths to avoid normally but which became unavoidable, and has been very stressful what with everything else that's going on right now. Progression began with a sore throat and swollen lymph glands, then extra muscle and joint pain and my nose has been streaming for 3 days. Great stuff: if I'm going to start catching proper colds again now, I'll really be challenged to find another positive in all this. The "always catching colds" version sounds like something I really don't want to transition to...

See more popular forum discussions.