1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Science to Patients: Talking ME, Exercise and the Mitochondria - with Dr Charles Shepherd
The latest video release from the Dutch group ME/cvs Vereniging, with Dr Charles Shepherd from the UK ME Association, and announcing a live chat session to be held Thursday, April 10, 2014...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone else noticed since having ME

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by rosie26, Jun 30, 2013.

1. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    Spending years in bed with an illness, you think of all kinds of things.

One of those things that came to mind was the memory of when I was well, and how if I spent too long laying down during the day my body would ache, telling me to get up and exercise.

But since my collapse with ME I never get those aches, it's like my body needs to lay down and stay there. Not even in the severe years when I was laying down practically all day and all night, I still didn't get those aches.

I guess I will know when I am well again, I will start getting the aches, telling me to get up !

Anyone else noticed this.
  2. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    For me it was falling asleep during the day. When I was well, I could never fall asleep during the day. Even if I were to lie down on my bed to rest, I'd be wide awake and uncomfortable lying still. After I got sick, I could sleep 5 hours during the day, and sometimes 20 hours a day. :eek:

Now that I'm doing a lot better, I can't sleep during the day anymore, even if I lie down to rest. Kinda cool, actually. :D

So, not a muscle ache thing for me, but it did go back to "normal" as I reached a certain point in recovery.
    rosie26 likes this.
  3. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    Yes, your sign is not being able to sleep again during the day which means your heading in the right direction regarding your health.

Since having ME, I have not been able to go over 60kg in weight. Every time I get close my ME flares severely and I lose the weight that I had gained.
    So another sign for me will be when I eventually manage to go over 60kg and keep the weight I will know I am on my way to good health again. Thanks SOC, loved your post.

See more popular forum discussions.