• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone else improve at certain times?

Do you Improve @ certain times?

• The morning is my best time

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Afternoon

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Evening

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Late night

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • I feel like shit all the time

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters

kday

I really think the bad mornings/better evenings may be more about the liver than cortisol.

Don't feel like explaining in detail why right now, but I am wondering if anyone feels the same.

I really think the bad mornings/better evenings may be more about the liver than cortisol.

Don't feel like explaining in detail why right now, but I am wondering if anyone feels the same.

I always feel better in the morning, whether I sleep or not (could be because I am a Type A and can temporarily overcome my physical symptoms, knowing that HAVE TO go to work). I start to crash around 10:00am and continue crashing until I go to bed (usually 9:30 or 10:00pm). I am then awake by 1:00 and feeling like a bright-eyed-piece-of-crap (brain awake-body dead). I have read that if your liver is the problem you'll feel worse in the afternoon, and if your adrenals are the problem, you'll feel worse in the morning. I don't know if this is true. I know that I have problems with both.

borko2100

The poll is now @ 50% feeling better at night, is this not a MAJOR clue in to the nature and workings of m.e???

Sorry to bump a 8 year old thread, but I am wondering this as well. This is clearly a very prevalent feature of this disease and yet I haven't seen one study explore it further...

Does the metabolic trap hypothesis have some kind of an explanation for this?

@HTester

And what about people with CCI? Do they experience improvement at night / evening?

@JenB

Last edited:

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
Sorry to bump a 8 year old thread, but I am wondering this as well. This is clearly a very prevalent feature of this disease and yet I haven't seen one study explore it further...

Does the metabolic trap hypothesis have some kind of an explanation for this?

@HTester

And what about people with CCI? Do they experience improvement at night / evening?

@JenB
Go back and read the second post by Rich Vank and subsequent posts:
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/anyone-else-improve-at-certain-times.12269/#post-208318
Many of us have found our cortisol to be elevated at night. I've posted my salivary cortisol results from a few years ago. See that peak around 6 p.m.? Wide awake.

By the way, Rich Vank died, so don't try to engage him in a conversation.

Attachments

• cortisol 1.png
    cortisol 1.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 4

Bowser

My fatigue seems highly correlated to my amount of sleep. I am only able to sleep 8-9 hours most nights, but if I somehow am able to sleep 11-12 hours, I temporarily feel noticeably better. Conversely, getting lesser than 7 hours of sleep makes me seriously feel like shit.

Sleep study came back normal though. I'm wondering if the study wasn't accurate enough or the doctor didn't do a good job interpreting it.