1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone else have severe facial pain as a symptom?

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by Ocean, Feb 6, 2012.

1. PNR2008

PNR2008 Senior Member

OH USA
    I had a strange crisis that landed me in the ER twice in one week. My spine felt on fire, my legs, arms, back felt like someone took a blow torch to them. There was a low grade fever and my face was flushed. I was given steriods and anti inflammatories (vicodin didn't touch the pain). My face hardly ever flushes even with a temp but it was red for many hours. Finally it seemed to go away by itself the meds barely helped and the drs had no idea what was going on, called it a FM flare-up.
  2. Ocean

Ocean Senior Member

U.S.
    Thanks for the idea. I had read the posts by that member coincidentally. I will have to reread some of those posts. Thank you.
  3. Ocean

Ocean Senior Member

U.S.
    Thanks so much everyone. I'll have to go through the thread with a notepad and write down the suggestions and look into them before I see my doctor. I wish there was a quick easy answer. Thanks for all the options to look into!
  4. Calathea

Calathea Darkness therapy

Scotland
    It's probably not the same thing, especially as I don't get the flushing, but I do sometimes get nasty pain around my left eye socket and cheekbone. It turned out to be referred pain from a shoulder muscle, possibly some sort of trigger point. The shoulder muscle involvement was easy to spot as it was very painful and the muscle was nearly rigid. I found that the most effective thing was to use a spiky massage ball in a sock and massage the trigger points/muscle knots/whatever with that. The sock is so that you can stand against a wall, dangle it over your shoulder, and wriggle about against the wall to get the spiky ball to massage you, without constantly dropping the ball or finding that it's fallen to a different area.

Whoever it was who is getting pain at the bottom of their ribcage on the right - how bad is the pain, and how long does it last for? If it's severe to extreme pain and it goes on for a few hours rather than days or weeks, I'd get your gallbladder checked out.
  5. anna8

anna8 Senior Member

I,m new here and I,m no expert! But after read a lot but by no means all! In my opinion a lot of the symptom of me could be explained with having jaw bone cavitations! Which I have been diagnosed! Most people with cavitations don't' have any facial pain so they don't think to look there! When I first came across cavitations it was like a light bulb moment, as nothing else that the doctors had pointed to fitted in to how I felt! But unfortunately its by no means an easy solution!
    I may be going to go to the Munro hall in the UK to have surgery done soon, if the hospital once again have no answer!
    I'm not telling anybody what to do but it may be something to consider!
    I been really ill with all the same symptom as many of you here! But have never been diagnosed with ME! But after coming across this site I have been in total shock of how many people are suffering like me! I can't tell of how many different emotions I've had to think you may all be suffering like me! I have so many confused thoughts I don't know how to put them into words!

See more popular forum discussions.