• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone else have elevated CRP and ESR?

crypt0cu1t

IG: @crypt0cu1t
Does anyone else have an elevated ESR and CRP? I also have elevated Acetylcholine receptor binding antibodies and salivary protein 1 antibodies.

I have my first followup with Dr. Chheda today and I am wondering what questions I should be asking about these results.

used_to_race

I would imagine you'd want to see an experienced rheumatologist and immunologist. Would be good to get a full autoimmune workup, including ASCA, ANCA, anti-CCP, ANA 12+, and whatever else. The immunologist could look at your T cells and B cells and try to get an indication of where the elevations are coming from. Ask Dr. Chheda what she suggests. I'd be interested to know whether she thinks this could be a T-cell or B-cell mediated process and what that means for possible treatment (IVIG, Photopheresis, Rituximab, etc).

The salivary antibodies could mean you have a rare form of Sjogren's.

Runner5

Yeah I have that - but I'm not sure what it means. My doctor thinks I have fibro and/ or an auto-immune thing. I had more blood tested today, and EKG and a quick blood sugar test. I didn't go to a CFS doc though, I just went into the only general practitioner that has an opening in my area and said, 'help' but she's bee awesome sauce so far.

crypt0cu1t

IG: @crypt0cu1t
Yeah I have that - but I'm not sure what it means. My doctor thinks I have fibro and/ or an auto-immune thing. I had more blood tested today, and EKG and a quick blood sugar test. I didn't go to a CFS doc though, I just went into the only general practitioner that has an opening in my area and said, 'help' but she's bee awesome sauce so far.
Hmm, interesting
Dr. Chheda says that I definitely have something autoimmune going on, but she believes that there is a specific cause to it.