• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone else get temporary full remission from phenibut?

Phenibut response?

• I get huge improvements from phenibut

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I don't get improvements

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I haven't tried phenibut

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters
I'd thought I had early onset parkinson's as well, but with my response to methylation and my 23andme results it's clear I do not, though my response to adderall and l-dopa is astounding. My neurotransmitters are severely off. I also respond heavily to anti inflammatories.

Your fatigue I can't identify with though, mine is just moderate level chronic, it doesn't seem to get better or worse, EVER. I do have EBV though and who knows what other ones, probably a viral load.

Have you had any type of real testing done? In the absence of BH4 neurotransmitter levels are severely low. I'd like a NTM test. 23andme also can give some peace of mind.

ramakentesh

I have a pretty similar presentation to you Deltrus and a similar response to Klonopin, Xanax and particularly phenibut. However I also get fatigue/impaired congition and dizziness which I treat with phenylephrine (10mg-20mgs per dose to a max of 60mgs) and pseudoephedrine occasionally. Its almost like the brain/centrally there is excessive glutamate/underactive Gaba activity with decreased sympathetic venous constriction and reduced stroke volume peripherally. Complicated!!

Yes, I can feel totally amazing on phenibut, like remission, although it varies. I tried almost every supplement going, and this was the only one that did any thing very noticeable. It is by far the best supplement I've tried. I have 'structural' ME. spinal and cranical problems, and this supplement relieves the tension in my cranium and spine, and also can make me feel quite high......I definitely think this is worth trying for any one with serious ME/CFS.

I had horrible reaction to phenibut... like it felt good and relaxing but the rebound effect was miserable. I ended up giving it to a friend because I wanted to keep taking it but knew once it wore off I would regret it.
I found this with a lot of supplements that actually made me feel good- I would get a rebound effect after, and get sick or feel worse. In my case, it seemed to be my liver 'backing-up', as the underlying problems were so bad. It's difficult. you have to experiment with taking things slowly and doing some detoxing to 'deal' with the supplements. one problem is we're all different as well. I got a great energetic biofeedback machine to keep testing, as was so desperate!!