Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone else experience weight gain from TMG?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by bigmillz, Feb 24, 2016.

1. bigmillz

bigmillz Senior Member

NYC
    It's helping a lot, but I've already put on 5 pounds in just over a week lol. Anyone else? When does it plateau?

2. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    I've been taking the stuff for years and have lost muscle and weight, so much so that I can barely walk. I can't imagine how it could cause weight gain, especially that much in just one week.

Is there anything else you added or changed during that period? What else are you taking in relation to the TMG?

3. bigmillz

bigmillz Senior Member

NYC
    I did find one product review online where a lady said she gained a bunch on it. I've also seen bodybuilders take interest in it, makes me wonder if I'm gaining some muscle (my thighs and calfs have become noticeably larger too). I do bike a lot, but struggle to put on weight normally.

I did have a recent weekend at a friend's house where I gorged on some food, and I've been eating some salty plantain chips lately, but that's about it. Normally this isn't an issue - I gained about 2 lbs during Christmas lol.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, since quitting drinking years ago, I've struggled to keep my weight above "underweight" for my height.

4. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Interesting. There must be other things that we're doing differently, as all these supps interact, and may be playing a factor, especially since TMG is involved indirectly with methylation.

Stupid question perhaps, but do you have ME/CFS? Or did you have it, but you're recovering nicely? That's great you can exercise.

Valentijn likes this.
  5. bigmillz

bigmillz Senior Member

NYC
    I've always had issues with fatigue. A recent 23andme test led me here, and I've been making some great progress. It's also led me to find some food allergies that I need to address as well. Really excited at the outlook right now you could say :)

dannybex likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.