May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone do coffe enemas? They make me worse

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Aerose91, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

I've only done 2 and have to already stop. First one made me tired and logey and the second made me all messed up; insane adrenaline rushes, insomnia, muscle weakness, confusion. These dont feel like detox symptoms but rather just weird neurological things. If i knew it was a detox or something that i have to go through in order to improve id just suck it up and forge on but im not sure if this reaction is negative or not.

Anyone have weird experiences like this?

2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    @ahmo can help you. She also has a link in Her signature and CE's.

I wonder if some of it is the caffeine? That's why I haven't done one yet.

3. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Thanks, ill check out ahmo's profile.

Im not sure if it is the caffeine as in, if i drink caffeine i get all jittery and stuff, not insane adrenaline dumps and neurological issues like this brought on. Maybe being absorbed through the colon causes different effects though? Who knows.

4. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

San Francisco
  5. Kina

Kina

Sofa, UK
    The reason why some medications are given rectally is because they are absorbed via this route. You would be getting a greater than normal dose of caffeine.

http://www.insufferableintolerance.com/coffee-enemas-dont-know-now-coffee-goes-feel-bad/
    Most with ME are not able to tolerate even small amounts of caffeine.

IreneF and Valentijn like this.
  6. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    @Aerose91 I'm a huge fan of CEs, they've been very potent medicine for me. I found that the lighter the roast of coffee, the better I felt afterwards. The dark roast I used initially left me sleepless, no matter how early or how much I used. Switching to the special roast for CEs change everything. In fact, it's higher caffeine, but roasted to a color and smell approximating peanut butter. Also high ih palmitic acid, one of the active ingredients.

I found I had to add minerals and aminoes afterwards, You'll see in my blog.

7. Kina

Kina

Sofa, UK
    Palmitic acid is a long-chain fatty acid. It's unlikely that any of the palmitic acid is being absorbed by the colon because fatty acids are not absorbed by the colon.

IreneF and Valentijn like this.
  8. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

I really question if i had a reaction to caffeine simply because it was so different than when i drink caffeine. Hell the first one made me sleepy. All the other symptoms though, they were very neurological and nothing like a caffeine high

See more popular forum discussions.