• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone develop a severe trigeminal neuralgia(teeth pain)?

About 3-4 months into this disease with what I now feel was a virus attacking me I developed the most painful trigeminal neuralgia. I could not even bit down on a piece of meat without getting stabbing pains in teeth.
Hot and cold liquids caused severe pain. One time at the dentist with a very bad cavity the novacaine numbed the tooth he was working on but when using that blast of air on my teeth on the other side I almost jumped out of the chair. This teeth nerve pain is still with me 22 years after getting sick but is more sporadic now.
I guess it is like all the other symptoms with me/cfs. You just don't know what symptoms the next day will bring.

picante

A couple of years ago I had aching teeth (and cold sensitivity) in the upper left quadrant, and before I could get myself to the dentist, I wound up at Urgent Care with a diagnosis of shingles.

Is it all on one side of your mouth? If not, then it's probably not relevant.

Thanks picante. When I was very sick years ago with whatever attacked me my son came home and gave me the chicken pox which put me in the hospital for 5 days. I feel like I have shingles many days. My skin is very sore to touch in certain neurological patterns such as on legs where L5 nerves go to the skin. I have given up on that natural antiviral. It just made me sicker after a month on it. I have to live like this. I have no other choice.
The ringing in my ears is so loud right now that I have to turn the tv up so loud just to hear it.
This will be my last post to anyone on this forum. I feel so sick just about every day I am going to lose my mind.
Be well and if my some act of God or miraculous intervention I get better I will return. I to this day do not know what is wrong with me.
Sick22222Long!

CantThink

I was diagnosed with TN in 2008 after 2 years fighting for diagnosis and going between dentists and doctors. Took Carbamazepine for it for a long time and then weaned off when i avhieved remission, then back on it, then off and so on. I then tried taking high doses of ALA, as I read studies of it being used in neuralgia. I have had a lot of success with it, but still have to be careful to avoid triggers (wind, cold on face etc) and get bouts of breakthrough pain.

Last edited: