1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anyone been at Spenaugle institute?

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by Lala, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Lala

Lala Senior Member

EU
    If so, what is your experience? They announced they succesfuly treat ME/CFS, lyme disease, mental disorders and much more.

http://sponauglewellness.com/

2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
  3. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Their website made me want to pack up for a visit so their marketing is working anyway. I'm curious too!

4. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    Yes, very appealing. A little too appealing maybe... too glossy. I'm always a little suspicious of people or organizations that claim to help a wide variety of illnesses for which there are no easy answers. It smacks of all those quack cures that cure whatever ails ya.

But who knows? Maybe these people (who we've never heard of in the ME/CFS world) have educated themselves in the best treatment modalities for these hard-to-treat illnesses and will be a wonderful resource for PWME. We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

5. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    They also seem to run a rapid detox clinic.

But the most interesting factoid I found on the site was a statement about the relationship between estrogen and serotonin on their anxiety page. They state that estrogen levels below a certain threshold don't allow for proper serotonin receptor function which may explain some symptoms. But then the units are not standard so the whole thing makes little sense. I did call to ask for a clarification and left a message. No return call yet!

Valentijn likes this.
  6. Lala

Lala Senior Member

EU
    Ema, please, let us know, I am very curious, too. I found their pages very interesting, but I live in the opposite part of the world. Though their marketing is very good, everything written there makes perfect sense..

See more popular forum discussions.