• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

anyone able to culture bifido bacteria as yogurt?

uni

Hi,

I have been culturing super strain Lactobacillus (GG, 299V) bacteria in milk. As I understand, the bifido is what we need more than the Lacto in our colon. I was wondering if anyone had success culturing bifido bacteria. Can it be done in milk, soy milk (with sugar)? I don't mind if the end product doesn't taste like yogurt. I would just like to find a cheap way of significantly increasing the dosage I get from probiotics as they can be so expensive. It would be great if I could take something like Align and culture it into yogurt the way I am doing with Culturelle, but I have not given it a try yet.

http://www.customprobiotics.com/custom-probiotics-b-lactis.htm - is this good product for the price? its pretty darn expensive but I understand it has very high dosages

Thanks

Is bifidus an anaerobe? I know acidophilus can survive with or without oxygen, but I'm not sure about bifidus. That would affect how you would culture it and how difficult it would be to culture. I believe it also proliferates at a lower temprature than acidophilus.