International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12: The World Will Know
Did you know that May 12 belongs to us? Lots of us are aware of this. We share the buzz on it amongst ourselves. We add blue ribbons to profile pictures. We raise our voices, join our hands, mount the few podiums available to us and tug at the sleeve of the rest of the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anybody Tried PureWay-C ?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by liverock, May 14, 2010.

1. liverock

liverock Senior Member

UK
  2. sela

sela Senior Member

marin co, ca
    wildaisy,
    can you be more specific about what working well means for you? what do you think improved?

3. Athene

Athene ihateticks.me

Italy
    I just posted this on the other Vit C thread.
    Same experience as wild daisy., I had old scars going manky as well and bruises poppingup all over my body by themselves.
    I went from 10g normal vit c to 3g daily lypo-sperical and the symptoms have nearlty cleared.
    definitely recommend it.

4. liverock

liverock Senior Member

UK
    The only problem about Lipo-Spherical vitamin C is the cost. This Pure Way is only about 20% of the cost of Lipo-Spherical. I 'll let you know how effective it is after trying it.

5. powertool4

powertool4

any update on this? should vitamin C being fat soluble be of any concern? I know youre not supposed to take vitamin C a few days prior to surgery because of the effect it has on anesthetics (reduced effectiveness) but seems like a good trade off since its in the blood constantly.

6. liverock

liverock Senior Member

UK
    Vitamin C is water soluble not fat soluble, so it does not build up in the body and regular consumption is required. Any excess is excreted in the urine.

I honestly didnt notice any difference using Pure Way vitamin C than the standard supplement.

I am back to using Natural Factors 1,000mg Time Release Vitamin C.

The half life of Vitamin C is 30 minutes so a time release version will help keep a steady supply throughout the day.

http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors-Vitamin-C-Time-Release-1000-mg-180-Tablets/2556?at=0

Interesting article by Bill Sardi on Vitamin C and the ridiculous way that the NIH established the very low RDI.

http://www.newmediaexplorer.org/chris/2004/07/09/the_vitamin_c_fanatics_were_right_all_along.htm

See more popular forum discussions.