Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anybody take ovomucoids (quail eggs) for mast cells issues

Discussion in 'Mast Cell Disorders/Mastocytosis' started by M494MC, Nov 4, 2015.

1. M494MC

M494MC

I received a sample product in the mail today that contains ovomucoids. I am not sure if it is against forum rules to say the specific name of the product

I just wondered if anyone had any experience with a product that contained ovomucoids for mast cells.

2. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

San Francisco
    Is there something about quail eggs that I don't know?

3. M494MC

M494MC

Supposedly it works as a trytase inhibitor and works as a mast cell stabilizer.

Does anyone know if it is against forum rules to post a link to a product or give the name of a product?

4. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Its not against the rules unless you are trying to sell it to members.. If you are a patient trying to help others - no problem with links. Its always difficult when people are new and post links to products straight away.

Gingergrrl likes this.
  5. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    Egg whites are highly allergenic in MCAS but egg yolks can be okay. I would be naturally skeptical of the product but don't know what it is so cannot comment!

6. M494MC

M494MC

7. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    I looked at the link and it is talking about trypsin (not tryptase) and seems to be all over the map with what it is proposing but I lack the science to say beyond that!

See more popular forum discussions.