1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Fable known as The PACE Trial
Graham, Janelle and Bob, have once again excelled themselves with their latest take on the 'poisoned apple' that was the PACE Trial...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anybody heard of VIP (Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide)?

Discussion in 'Addressing Biotoxin, Chemical & Food Sensitivities' started by InvertedTree, Aug 4, 2009.

1. InvertedTree

InvertedTree Senior Member

This is a new treatment that (I think) Dr. Shoemaker developed. My doctor is having me try it.

It's supposed to have immune modulating properties but I think it might be geared towards biotoxin related illness.

It's a nasal spray from a compounding pharmacy.

Just wondering if anybody has heard of this?
  2. Beady

Beady

Europe
    I have never heard the name earlier... But it made me think of something Dr. De Meirleir mentioned

He mentioned once that there is a nasal spray that he can use as a last step on patients if there still are great symptoms when all the test results are ok after long-time treatments. As far as I understood, the spray he mentioned could "quick start" the hypothalamus so that sensory sensitivity and other symptoms disappear... But I think he considers it harmful to use it before other treatments and before tests is fine, since he finds the sensitivity to be an important defender that protects the body (by telling it to slow down) as long as there is reason for it

I am of course not sure if this is the same as the one your doc are talking about, and I am not saying that dr. De Meirleirs theory is the right one even if it should be the same...

See more popular forum discussions.