1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
No Longer Naive in the Ways of The Beast
After having lived for years with ME/CFS, Jody Smith learned there's more to this beast of an illness than she realized, and that what might help one person may not help others ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anybody find Anti-inflammatories help on gcmaf

Discussion in 'GcMAF' started by vortex, Mar 8, 2014.

1. vortex

vortex

Since inflammation on gcmaf is uncomfortable and often determines the limit of how fast someone can heal, has anyone tried anti inflammatory supps to help lower it ?

I am waiting on my nagalase results and starting gcmaf soon.

The top of my list is serrapeptase, since it digests dead tissue and junk that gcmaf may generate and also is a potent anti inflammatory.

Also things like

Turmeric
    Grape seed or resveratrol
    Msm
    Omega 3
    Omega 7
    Astaxanthin
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Yes, I find that anti-inflammatories help. I use a high dose of curcumin and also berberine, but others should work too.

Many also find that a histamine blocker helps too.

Best,
    Sushi
  3. vortex

vortex

got my nagalase results back ........ 2.20

now I need to decide between oral like bravo or injectable ?

thoughts anyone ?
    Sushi likes this.
  4. Sushi

Albuquerque
    Personally, if I had nagalase that high I'd use injectable as it is likely to have a more systemic effect.

Best,
    Sushi
    vortex likes this.
  5. vortex

vortex

thank you sushi, I am actually a bit scared of herxing when taking gcmaf. In the past, I have been so senstitive to die off and herxing and detoxing.

Maybe I will start out with a yogurt so I can start slowly and then recheck nagalase level and then move on to the injectable. maybe starting slowly with yogurt can avoid over-herxing.
  6. Sushi

Albuquerque
    @vortex

I didn't get herx with GcMAF--in the first months there would be one day a week when I felt extra tired--then that effect passed.

I think the most common problem is inflammation. With either form it is good to start with quite a low dose--particularly if you don't have experienced medical supervision.

Sushi
    vortex likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.