Hi, I made a cake yesterday and used 3 tablespoons of xylitol . I had weird tingling in my face, feet and hands last night but didn't link it with xylitol and put it down to another weird reaction to "something unknown". However, I have just had 2 slices of cake- it is very good as dairy free and "sugar" free cakes go. Just ground almonds, eggs, xylitol. Have just experienced the tingling again along with altered heart beat, slight tightening of throat, an ache in my shin which I have linked to possible allergic reactions before and strange sensation in mouth. Anybody experienced similar reactions to xylitol and anybody got any theories as to why? Have used in small doses to no affect at all but what is in it that my body is shouting "NO" to? Oh my word , have just thought - I had terrible gastric distress last night too- awful gallbladder and pancreas pain. Hasn't flared like that for ages......could it be the xylitol? Have been researching it and it doesn't seem like the innocent sugar replacement that I naively thought it was. When will I stop making these errors- we must research everything!!!!