Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Any Use Taking Famcyclovir for a Long Time EBV sufferer?

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by josephine2, Aug 29, 2017.

1. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

Doesn't Nexavir work for HHv6?

2. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Nexavir is used to treat ME/CFS linked to EBV and HHV-6 infections, and in vitro is antiviral for EBV and HHV-6, However, I recently did some pharmacokinetic calculations on Nexavir, and these indicate that the actual in vivo antiviral effect of Nexavir for HHV-6 is more or less nil. I am going to be posting details of these pharmacokinetic calculations (which I did for dozens of antivirals) on this forum soon.

That does not rule out the possibly that Nexavir fights viruses through an immunomodulatory action, rather than an antiviral action; but by my calculation, it does not seem to be antiviral for HHV-6.

Nexavir might help ME/CFS for non-viral reasons as well, like via anti-inflammatory effects, or increasing blood flow to the brain. Several ME/CFS doctors use it. A good blog article on Nexavir can be found here.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Sushi likes this.
  3. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    It did something helpful for me--though all I can say is that it made me feel better. There was a "running in" period of several months before the effect kicked in, but after that, I'd feel noticeably better the day after a dose.

Hip likes this.
  4. Natistar

Natistar

Has the famcyovir helped with your ebv and herpes?

5. Wally

Wally Senior Member

@Natistar - No the Famciclivor did not cure me, only substantially lessened a number of my worse symptoms during the period that it seemed to be working for me (between months 2 1/2 and 7). I did not experience any shaking just severe headache the first week on the drug. Do not be discouraged if Famciclivor does not work for you, we all seem to have individual reactions to different drugs and treatment protocols.

Do you have a doctor who is prescribing Famciclivor and who might be willing to call Dr. Kogelnik or Dr. Montoya in California, who both have a lot of experience using anti-virals with patients with this illness. Perhaps they could give your doctor some guidance on what to try next and if they have heard of shaking symptoms developing when using this drug.

Also, if not posted in this thread, I was on the generic form of Famciclivor manufactured by TEVA in the U.S. I was told that this was the generic drug that I should try and to always make sure it was filled from this drug company and that it was manufactured in the U.S.

A quick google check did not come up with shaking as a side effect from Famciclivor. See, https://www.rxlist.com/famvir-side-effects-drug-center.htm

Wally

See more popular forum discussions.