1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Lessons from ME/CFS: Finding Meaning in the Suffering
If you're aware of my previous articles here at Phoenix Rising then it's pretty clear that I don't generally spend my time musing upon the philosophy of the disease. I find it better to spend my time reading research and trying my best to break it down to its core elements and write...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Any suggestions on how to interpret these herpes simplex 1 titers?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Hip, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Hip

Hip Senior Member

A while ago I got a blood test for herpes simplex 1 & 2, and the test results came back as:

HSV-1 IgG: Positive: Index = 4.212
    HSV-2 IgG: Negative: Index = 0.581

Does anyone have experience with this, and can comment on the significance of the HSV-1 titer level of 4.212, in the context of CFS?

My main question is whether this HSV-1 titer level of 4.212 indicates that this herpes virus might be active enough to contribute to my overall CFS symptoms?

This herpes simplex test was taken when my general CFS symptoms were stable. I did not have a cold sore flare up at the time of this test. I have had herpes simplex 1 since childhood (I know this, as I have always had occasional herpes oral cold sores since childhood).
  2. caringstd66

caringstd66

My crony got herpes simplex virus type 2 a few years ago. lifes tough for him sometimes. To help more people with STDs, we launched STDdatings.com in 2001, the exclusive STD support organization for poz people with herpes(HSV 1,HSV 2),HIV/AIDS,HPV,hepatitis. If youre living with STDs, please come visit us and add us as friend. Never live in your own dark corner.

See more popular forum discussions.