Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

any studies coming up relating to brain function?

Discussion in 'Active Clinical Studies' started by Aerose91, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

I would be really anxious to get involved in a test like this that will be studying the brain function of ME patients due to my level of brain dysfunction and severity of my SPECT scan. I believe I would be a good candidate.

If anyone knows about any coming up I would love to know. Thank you.

2. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Dr. Baraniuk at Georgetown University was recruiting for a study using fMRI ,but I'm not sure if it is still recruiting though. I was suppose to make the trip last September, but I was derailed by my brothers degenerating condition. I'm waiting to see if they are still interested or if it has concluded.

It is a pretty intense study with extensive blood work and fMRI's before and after a 2 day exercise test. I believe testing the spinal fluid is also involved as well.

https://sites.google.com/a/georgetown.edu/baraniuklab/ongoing-studies

3. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Thank you, August. I'm sorry to hear about your brother. We all here understand chronic disease too well so I sympathize.

See more popular forum discussions.