• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any one have any success dosing with Vitamin C or following Dr. Lam's protocol?

I've recently toyed with the idea of dosing with Vitamin C for a while now, and taken a few supplements in the form of conventional ascorbic acid supplements and Acerola berry powdered capsules, both times experiencing adverse effects to rather small doses.

I'm looking into supplementing with liquid vitamin c to aid with digestion or include organic acerola powder into my juicing routine.

Any body ever experimented with mega dosing vitamin c? How did it make you feel? I'm not completely sold on Dr. Lam's quackery (especially since he quoted $1,200 for a brief consultation). He has no real success stories, but the vitamin c hypothesis is plausible.

My condition has steadily deteriorated over the past few months, I've gained more weight and have been feeling increasingly fatigued. I suspect my cortisol levels are now lower and it's compromising thyroid function. Even after a 10 hour sleep I wake up feeling groggy and miserable, which worsens after breakfast (possible blood sugar imbalance, or insulin resistance. Noticeably worse if sugar is consumed).

I know that I'm not consuming enough fruits and vegetables hence why my body is probably craving for nutrients, which is why I've incorporated juicing. I can't say it's made a tremendous difference but I haven't been very consistent and I only consume about a glass of freshly juiced fruits and vegetables every day. I also find the process exhausting and expensive. How much will some added vitamin c make a difference? I'm shifting my focus on getting the most crucial nutrients for optimal adrenal function.

Vit C will synergise with almost all therapies; antibiotic, herbal, other vitamins etc. It's been very effective in my healing process.

The link below includes dosage for particular ailments. The theory being the sicker you are, the more C you require. Intriguingly bacteria, virus and candida require higher dosages than cancer.

I thought l was megadosing at 40 grams. I eventually titrated to 150 grams before bowel intolerance.
I suspect most people probably don't titrate high enough when trying this, the research states 80-90% bowel tolerance is insufficient.

Since coming down with this l haven't dreamt in years. I had amazing, beyond real and very positive dreams the first night of genuine high dose. I continue to dream still. It helps me with brain fog and inflammation.

Whilst megadosing sodium ascorbate I'm aware the body flushes out a lot of C too; injections or Lipsomil are better for absorption, but l was experimenting cheaply before going the next step. Im the crash test dummy in our household.

Straight Vit C powder l have with a meal and sodium ascorbate bw meals. I fill a water bottle and sip throughout day. You'll know exactly how much you're taking which assists in determining max dose.

It's inexpensive and easy to do.

http://vitamincfoundation.org/www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm