• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any new studies to be released soon?

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Is there any upcoming research "expected" to be released any time soon or on any specific date in the future? I know this a loaded question, but just curious as I know there are a few that was rumored to be released 2 years ago and still have not seen any final results.

Barinuk's spinal fluid study - whatever the heck ever happened with it?? (Waiting to be published????). Wasn't Natelson and that group doing a new spinal fluid study?

Doesn't Dr. Light have study due soon

Dr. Hansen does, but it is probably not due till next year?

Dr. Montoya's study will probably be next year now that the study number was increased to 600, up from 450? Anyone enrolled in this study please chime in if you have any comments.

Are they Aussie studies from down under expected this year?

The CFI pathogen study will probably be the end of 2014 at the soonest???

Just trying to get a feel of what to expect next?

Thanks

taniaaust1

As far as Aussies go. .. there are currently 2 or 3 good studies (immune studies and also study into our metabolism of fatty acids and carnitines) in progress with different researchers. Both of these hope to gain more info on previous abnormalities found... so are advancing ME/CFS science further. I keep forgetting.. I think the Adelaide Research group may be doing another study.

One's only just starting and last time she did one it took several years (it may of been 4) before the study was done and published (I think that was her first study she'd ever done so maybe this one will be quicker esp since many who were in her first study have enrolled in the second, thou this study is more complex then the other).

The immune studies who knows.. hopefully sooner or later (I think they were still fundraising for a piece of very expensive equipment for their study).

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
No MeSci I have not heard of this one. I can see it having relevance though since I feel like I have high levels of lactic acid all day!