• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any Luck with Shrinking a Fibroid? And, What About My Liver?

CCC

How is this fibroid thing going for you? Have you considered this procedure?
It was a link to a description of uterine arterial embolisation. You stay awake through the procedure (so no anaesthetic risk) and the incision is a small one into the femoral artery (so no post-operative damage to muscles, womb and other tissues; minimal risk of post-op infections). There is some post-procedure pain, but it's not long-lasting and relatively manageable.

Hi everyone. Yesterday I developed horrible pain on the side where my only ovary is. It started to affect my back and I was in so much pain. It was the middle of the month (ovulation) and I thought that was it, but at 5 am, I finally got out of bed and went to the ER because I was in so much pain.

They immediately suspected Apendicitis. So, I had to drink this stuff and have a Cat Scan with dye. The dye was beyond weird and I am wondering if I am having lingering affects from that.

Anyway, I found out a few things which have me quite upset. I am so tired of finding out new things. I can't take this ride anymore. I just want to get off.

I have an endometrioma...a mass. In the right lower quadrant.

And, I have a large fibroid measuring 6.5 cm X 6.2 X 8.4 cm.

I knew that I had a fibroid but I did not know how big it was.

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding a fibroid? Is progesterone good for a fibroid, or bad? I do not want to have a hysterectomy.

Also, my results came back saying I have lesions on my liver. Is this even normal? Hypodense lesions. They may represent cysts and there is a 14 mm cyst in the left lobe of the liver.

What does that even mean and is it something I should be concerned about? The doctor never even told me.

I am seriously at my wits end. How much more can I have going wrong? I have so many not even symptoms, but problems at this point. Genuine things that are wrong.

If anyone has any info on fibroids, or any of this, please do tell. I have to say, I am not too sure about iodine treatment. Some people do well and some people end up sicker than a dog.

What if you were to google all the health problems that you mentioned symptomatic/asymptomatic liverlesions/cysts and also fibroids treatment.Since your doctors are not giving you information you don't have anything to lose.I googled fibroids treatment I only clicked at the mayo clinic site there's a treatment with gonadotropin releasing hormone that will put you temporarily in a postmenopausal state in order to shrink your fibroid,there is one with progesterone and there's MRI-guided focused ultra sound surgery(non invasive).Maybe you can look some more and find some more treatment options.
You mention that you were feeling better before getting the pain and the new diagnosis so my guess is that the liver lesions are not causing you the severe fatigue that is associated with liver diseases(that is on top of the fatigue that you already experience.)
@PDXhausted I suspect that my CFS was also caused by hormones,I had the symptoms of cholestasis(arrest of bile flow and hepatocyte damage)early on(I was only able to take hormones for a few weeks).The symptoms of cholestasis are nausea anorexia and malaise although they are worse than what it sounds.You mention that you have a problem metabolizing hormones,is there a test or on the basis of symptoms?There is one gene mutation associated with cholestasis.Since blood tests are unreliable in order to detect liver damage old articles recommend a liver biopsy.I can give you references and /or quotes.Cholestatic damage affects the part of liver where chemicals are broken down and is known to cause severe fatigue(which can be the main or only symptom).