1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Any luck with Imuran?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Living Dead, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Living Dead

Living Dead

Hi everyone

Did anyone have any luck with Imuran for ME/CFS?

(The generic name for Imuran is Azathioprine.)
  2. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    I hope the @Living Dead don't mind me resurecting this thread... :eek:

My ulcerative colitis is in the background at the moment but not quite in remission really. If it comes back then I'll be given azathioprine next as steroids had zero effect. It's an immune supressant that's been around for a long time and it mostly impacts B and T cells. Like the OP, I'm wondering if anyone has tried it for a concurrent illness and noticed any benefit to their ME symptoms?
    Ninan and Valentijn like this.
  3. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

Ach, that one has an imidazol ring. My immune modulator has one too.
  4. Living Dead

Living Dead

Note that I have another diagnosis, but I think it doesn't cover all of my symptoms. I got Imuran (and steroids) and it made my body a lot better and stopped the downward spiral of my nervous system health (ME symptoms). I am still disabled due to symptoms (extreme fatigue) from the nervous system. Although my recovery speed after nervous system exhaustion has improved considerably. (I think prolonged recovery time is the specific sign of ME/CFS.)
    Ninan likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.