• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any experience with balloon sinuplasty?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
This is a less invasive method of opening narrow sinus openings. It can now be done in an ENT's office. Does anyone have exerience with it--positive or negative?

http://www.balloonsinuplasty.com/

• Safe & Less Invasive
      With Balloon Sinuplasty, there is no cutting of nasal bone or tissue. More than 250,000 patients suffering from chronic sinusitis have been treated by physicians using Balloon Sinuplasty technology.
    • Proven Effective
      Most patients report clinically meaningful improvement in sinus symptoms and quality of life through 2 years following surgery(1).
It is widely available in the States. Just thinking....

Sushi

I had my deviated nasal septum corrected with sinuplasty, after a year of chronic sinusitis. Great results. I was still crashed for a few weeks afterward, but I no longer snore, sleep better and my nose is now more symmetrical.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I had my deviated nasal septum corrected with sinuplasty, after a year of chronic sinusitis. Great results. I was still crashed for a few weeks afterward, but I no longer snore, sleep better and my nose is now more symmetrical.

Glad to hear that! Did your doctor talk about the use of balloon sinuplasty for other conditions--like opening narrow passages between the sinuses?

Sushi