• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any Dr. Chia Patients Out there Who've Tried Oxymatrine/Equilibrant?

I've had CFS for 15 yrs and tested + for Enterovirus on biopsy at Dr. Chia's lab. I'm about to make an appointment with Dr. Chia to get his input and try Equilibrant and/or Oxymatrine. I would love to hear from any of Dr. Chia's patients out there to see what your experience with him and Oxymatrine/Equilibrant has been like (whether it helped you or not). I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks!
Purma

jstefl

I am not a patient of Dr. Chia, but I have had my stomach tissue tested by him, and have taken Oxy/Equilibrant for almost two years.

I have met Dr. Chia at two conferences, and have a very high opinion if him. I would definitely be a patient of his if I lived closer.

Oxy has helped me, but it has taken some time. My tissue tested out at a 2+, which means that over half of the cells contain viruses. I have had the ARUP blood test, and am positive for two coxsackie and one echo virus. Before I started oxy, I was having severe stomach problems, needing several Zantac a day to keep the stomach under control. After about 18 months on Oxy, things started to change for the better. Now, I usually don't take any Zantac at all, unless I eat something that I know I shouldn't.

My doctor at the Mayo Clinic can't get the lab to send any more blood to ARUP, so I don't have any real way to measure what is happening.

Before I started the Oxy, I had a part of my colon removed due to recurring polyps. I can't prove it, but I strongly believe that colon cancer is closely related to enterovirus infection, so I will probably take the oxy/Equilibrant the rest of my life as a precaution.

At this point, I can't say that the Oxy has helped with the fatigue, or any problems other than my stomach problems, but that may come eventually.

It took me several months to get to a full dose of Oxy. I needed to start with a small dose and work my way up slowly, adding a little every week or two.

John

Marg

I take Equilbrant, Chia's newly formulated one. I am not a patient of Dr. Chia but a patient of Dr. Klimas. I have done very well with Imunivor for over an year. Blood woprk was greatly improved. I have only been on Equilibrant for 3 week, too soon to tell. I can say I responded at 1 tablet. The symptoms all inceased and that is what I was looking for. I hope I am a fast responder. I am usually not that lucky. Dr. Klimas suspects cocksackie because oif IBS. Easier for a trial than a stomach biopsy,

mellster

Marco
Marg - can you let me know about all the diff. kinds of coxsackie viruses you will be tested for? Mine were all negative but I think the standard test from Quest/LabCorp does not test the full range (I think it was just A and B ?) thx & cheers

Marg

Hi Mell,

I am having a trial of Equilibrant. I do not know if there was something in the testing or just the fact that I have IBS. There was not a page for coxsackie. All the testing was done at the University of Miami. When I went to my GP to send me to his lab he said they did not do those tests here. I said I just needed the draw and would overnight it. He said that was good but looked at it all for quite a while.

Dr. Klimas mentioned Oxymatrine last year but did not want to layer. I started Imunivor then and continue. This year she said Dr. Chia had traveled to Hong Kong where his new formulation, Equilibrant was being made to be sure the herbs in it were organic. She spoke highly of Dr. Chia. She said is son is doing well now and he is in school.

There is a video on You Tube of Dr. Chia speaking at the SOK workshop about entroviruses..very interesting charts and all.

I don't think anyone does the immune testing that Dr. Klimas does..pages and pages. You could probably have the testing done. I don't know if that would call for a phone consult or your doctor could arrange it.

Yes, I think A and B.

jstefl

All tests for enteroviruses are not the same.

I asked my doctor to send my blood to ARUP labs for testing. They promised to do that, but sent it to Focus labs instead. The tests came back negative, which I knew wasn't true, since I had pictures of the viral infected cells that were taken by Dr. Chia.

The doctor then agreed to redo the test at ARUP, and it came back positive for three different enteroviruses.

In my opinion, unless you have your blood tested at ARUP, you are wasting your time and money.

John