Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Any Advice on Where to find good Enteric Coated Capsules?

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by Charles555nc, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Charles555nc

Charles555nc Senior Member

I ordered a vitamin online I want to put into an acid resistant capsule, but oddly enough I was having trouble finding enteric coated pills (apparently they are sealed after the stuff is put inside them). Then I started reading about HPMC capsules and got confused.

Anyone have a good link for stomach acid resistant capsules and/or can explain if HPMC capsules are as good, worse, or better than enteric coated capsules?

Thanks for any replies,

-Charles

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  2. ljimbo423

ljimbo423 Senior Member

United States, New Hampshire
    Charles555nc likes this.
  3. Charles555nc

Charles555nc Senior Member

4. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Hi Charles, some of us have been discussing enteric coated capsules. I looked at this source but evidently, capsules that are coated after they are filled, are more apt to survive the stomach and open in the small intestines--which is what some of us need. When you say that you like them so far, do you have any sense of where, in the intestinal tract, they are releasing?

Thanks.

See more popular forum discussions.