Red Hot researchers spice up Chilli ME Challenge — Live!
Watch renowned researchers Drs. Ian Lipkin and Mady Hornig take the Chilli ME Challenge, LIVE from New York by webcast this coming Wednesday, 1st July at 1 p.m. EST.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Any advice? Methylation stopped working.

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by LisaGoddard, Feb 7, 2013.

1. LisaGoddard

LisaGoddard Senior Member

HIi,
    I've been on the simplified methylation protocol for over six months and experienced great improvement in my inflammtion symptoms but needed to take LOTS of potassium daily. Then a week ago, the inflammation returned and I stopped needing any potassium whatsoever even though I am still taking the folate and methylb12. Also I got some very sore ulcers on my tongue. Anyone with a similar experience or advice?
    I have changed my Methyb12 bottle incase the last one was degraded. Still no response. Just can't think what might be the block?
    Thanks,
    Lisa

2. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA
    LisaGoddard;

Hi Lisa,
    A first guess could be that more MB12 and or folate is needed.
    Another guess is that if it's not too little, maybe it's too much. ( I only write this because, my mouth sores worsened when I took too much folate,though many people's cankers improve with added folate.) Mine improved when I increased B12.
    The fact that you stopped needing potassium does seem like more may be needed. ( Personally, I would try more MB12 first, as a guess.)

3. dbkita

dbkita Senior Member

Did you change how you take it? For example vitamin C will destroy methylfolate in the gut before it can be absorbed.
    On the other hand niacin or niacinamide will soak up methyl donors like a sponge.

4. LisaGoddard

LisaGoddard Senior Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I am taking more folate and b12 to see if that is what is needed.
    I do take vit c and high vit bs inlcuding b3 but it hasn't interfered before.
    I'm feeling a bit better but still no need for potassium.
    Thanks again

See more popular forum discussions.