1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anxiety/nerves, chest flutter when crash

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by knackers323, Dec 4, 2013.

1. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

When people crash or over exert themselves do they get these symptoms of anxiety?
  2. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
  3. Please Advise

Please Advise

Los Angeles
    Definitely
  4. knackers323

With or without mentally feeling anxious? Thanks for your replys.
  5. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Right now I am having this. I see a cardiologist tomorrow, hopefully for a full workup. These things are usually not dangerous but best to be checked out, especially at my age.

Goodluck. It's disconcerting to have this symptom.

I should point out that I have had this happen three times in the past. Twice before this illness.
  6. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    Sometimes anxiety is worse than at other times when crashing. I think it depends on the level of inflammation in the body.

I found the anxiety starts in the body first, not the mind, but then becomes distressing to the mind.
    vli and MeSci like this.
  7. knackers323

What could be causing chronic Inflammation? Could systemic inflammation make you feel hot?
  8. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    I don't know what is causing the inflammation, except for the PEM. I get a lot of heat with mine, mostly in the head and upper body.
  9. knackers323

Do you mean the PEM is causing the Inflamation? Or that they go together?
  10. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    The PEM seems to make it worse.
  11. vamah

vamah Senior Member

Washington , DC area
    I agree with this.
    MeSci and rosie26 like this.
  12. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    I get this too esp during PEM. Sometimes it's just increased low blood sugar and I just need to eat more frequently that day. And sometimes I need to take a tiny bit (.025 ?) mg of Klonopin to stop it.

fwiw, I started using dye free dex4 last year for low blood sugar and it reaches my brain quicker than anything else I've tried. Sometimes 2 works but at other times I need 3.

tc ... x
  13. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

I'm having this right now. I didn't even know I over exerted but have been hit with more anxiety than I have in a long, long time. However, any time I overexert it brings me further into psychosis and that is always permenant, the anxiety now just making it that much worse. It's been a couple weeks with no signs of let up. Every time I've had a PEM episode the effects have been permenant, even just the slightest decrease

See more popular forum discussions.