1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anxiety in ME-patients (BECAUSE of the ME, not the other way around.)

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Tia, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I can definitely attest to the theory that sometimes anxiety in CFS/ME is related to intestinal dysbiosis. There are several gut-brain connection paths (vagus nerve link, nitric oxide signaling, cytokines), and it turns out that gut infection and inflammation can have a knock-on effect, and kick off brain inflammation (Ref). Brain inflammation has powerful and deleterious effect on mood, and can give rise to anxiety and depression symptoms.

Once I started taking generous doses of PREBIOTICS (rather than probiotics) to fix my gut dysbiosis, within a week or so, my anxiety symptoms were vastly improved.

Some info on the use of PREBIOTICS to soothe gut dysbiosis/inflammation is here: The Wonders of Prebiotics. If you are going to try this prebiotic protocol, please use high doses of more than one type of prebiotic, two or three times a day. This makes all the difference. Probiotics may be useful too, but I thing they are not as important as prebiotics. At least, that is what I discovered.

I hope this prebiotics protocol helps others fix their anxiety/depression as much as it helped fix my mental miseries.

See more popular forum discussions.