1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anxiety in ME-patients (BECAUSE of the ME, not the other way around.)

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Tia, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I can definitely attest to the theory that sometimes anxiety in CFS/ME is related to intestinal dysbiosis. There are several gut-brain connection paths (vagus nerve link, nitric oxide signaling, cytokines), and it turns out that gut infection and inflammation can have a knock-on effect, and kick off brain inflammation (Ref). Brain inflammation has powerful and deleterious effect on mood, and can give rise to anxiety and depression symptoms.

Once I started taking generous doses of PREBIOTICS (rather than probiotics) to fix my gut dysbiosis, within a week or so, my anxiety symptoms were vastly improved.

Some info on the use of PREBIOTICS to soothe gut dysbiosis/inflammation is here: The Wonders of Prebiotics. If you are going to try this prebiotic protocol, please use high doses of more than one type of prebiotic, two or three times a day. This makes all the difference. Probiotics may be useful too, but I thing they are not as important as prebiotics. At least, that is what I discovered.

I hope this prebiotics protocol helps others fix their anxiety/depression as much as it helped fix my mental miseries.

See more popular forum discussions.