1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Anxiety 'disorders' in poor mothers likely result from poverty not mental illness

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by biophile, Jul 22, 2012.

1. biophile

biophile Places I'd rather be.

I wonder if something similar can be said for anxiety and depression with ME/CFS, where "contextual factors and environmental deficits" (and biological factors) are routinely ignored?
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

lol. Thanks biophile.

It's just hilarious how basic some of these observations are... and how they get brushed aside by so many of those who want to build careers managing the minds of others. It's good to see researchers making these points, but my fear and expectation is that it will have little impact. Those working in this area have little motivation that more money should be spent on providing financial aid to those in difficult positions and less on their psychological management.
    Desdinova likes this.
  3. L'engle

L'engle moderate ME

Canada
    It's hard to imagine anything more anxiety inducing than being an impoverished mother. Should be pretty obvious. hopefully this research may actually lead to support services for all kinds of people who need it...
  4. currer

currer Senior Member

Sickness, disability, mental disease, unemployment and poverty are all linked and this has been known for decades.
    As politics moves further to the right these links will become firmer.
  5. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.