• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Antivirals help extreme fatigue?

Tammy

Thanks @Tammy I will try those and see if it makes a difference. So glad to hear you are doing better! Were you taking acyclovir or valacyclovir?
No............I never tried either. Hang in there Andie...................and try not to push yourself. (easy for me to say as I am not working right now) but I have learned that pushing just causes too much adrenaline and chronic adrenaline is corrosive to the body. Another thing that I think that has helped through this whole process is staying hydrated and not letting myself go too long in between eating...............maintaining sugar levels is critical when you are trying to heal. Also I don't know if you are taking Vit. C but it really helps with flushing all the die off out of the liver.

Sending many blessings to you and your daughter.:)............We can do this!

Andielyn

Hi @Tammy, for some reason I thought you started one of those around the time that I started. So it was a different AV you just finished 9 months of taking it?

Thanks for the encouragement...I sure need it right now! I think now has been one of the roughest emotionally/psychologically in coping. I try not to push myself but it isn't easy. My life outside of work has come to a standstill. I am taking Vitamin C along with other supplements, and I stay very well hydrated...thanks for the suggestions. I need to do better on my eating but my appetite seems to swing wildly from not hungry at all to can't eat enough.

ebethc

If you ever want to try herbal anti virals for exhaustion a combination of eletheuro root, and andrographis works quite well. You can even buy the herbs in bulk powder and use tea spoon measurements to save a lot on pre capsuled pills, also cutting out the issue of preservatives.

Hi @Martial - I am just delving into andrographis... I took some today and my head feels better already... still tired, though. It's promising...

Can you tell me more about it? dosage? brand? how long can you take it, e.g., can you take it forever to maintain your health, like an adaptogen? thanks for anything you can share..