Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Antivirals help extreme fatigue?

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by Clerner, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Clerner

Clerner Senior Member

Sarasota Florida
    Will antivirals (the right one) help with overwhelming exhaustion? This is what I am scared about. If it does help, about how long did it take to get your energy back? Thanks in advance for the info.

Andielyn and merylg like this.
  2. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

I would think it would depends on the viral infection(s). Also, I've seen things as low key as A-EBV-H herbal drops to Valcyte or Plaquenil.

Andielyn and Clerner like this.
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
  4. SOC

SOC

For me, antivirals were a huge benefit, but it was more with flu-like and cognitive symptoms than exhaustion. Yes, they helped some, but it took religious pacing, treatment for orthostatic intolerance (OI), and very high dose CoQ10 to make a big dent in overwhelming exhaustion.

None of this happened within days or weeks. Improvement took months and years, picking away at the multitude of symptoms from which PWME suffer.

There are no fast and easy answers with ME/CFS, but substantial improvement is certainly possible.

Andielyn, merylg, Clerner and 4 others like this.
  5. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    I think a lot depends on how long you've been sick.

I did not get much back from antivirals. Maybe a tiny bit improvement in general. I do believe they are preventing me from going down hill faster than I otherwise would.

If I can keep from getting worse, from housebound to bedbound, that'll work for me.

6. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    If you ever want to try herbal anti virals for exhaustion a combination of eletheuro root, and andrographis works quite well. You can even buy the herbs in bulk powder and use tea spoon measurements to save a lot on pre capsuled pills, also cutting out the issue of preservatives.

Hanna, ebethc, Andielyn and 3 others like this.
  7. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Antivirals have kept me working and off disability while helping reduce my symptoms. For me i have to continue using them as my symptoms worsen whenever i have stopped them, within 2 to 4 weeks .

8. Clerner

Clerner Senior Member

Sarasota Florida

9. Clerner

Clerner Senior Member

Sarasota Florida
    Thanks, at least there are options to try.

10. Clerner

Clerner Senior Member

Sarasota Florida
    So far I just have high titers of ebv from( last Sept), and still need testing for HHV6 and parvo virus. I assume if it's only EBV it's easier to treat then having other co- viruses. From reading people's experience famvir seems like a good first choice to try?

Never heard of the ebv herbal drops....

Andielyn likes this.
  11. Clerner

Clerner Senior Member

Sarasota Florida

12. Clerner

Clerner Senior Member

Sarasota Florida
    Thanks! This makes sense. I do have OI also. Trying d- ribose for exhaustion. CoQ10 is a good idea to try.

Andielyn likes this.
  13. Clerner

Clerner Senior Member

Sarasota Florida
    Btw, how much CoQ10 are you taking to make a dent?

Andielyn likes this.
  14. Clerner

Clerner Senior Member

Sarasota Florida

15. Clerner

Clerner Senior Member

Sarasota Florida
    Being able to work next year would be great. I am scared i wont be able to. Hope I don't have to keep taking them. But the dr I have yet to see says that in times of stress/flare up , people will need to go on/off them again as needed. Thanks for your reply.

heapsreal and merylg like this.
  16. Clerner

Clerner Senior Member

Sarasota Florida

17. Clerner

Clerner Senior Member

Sarasota Florida
    Great, thanks for these ideas. I am writing everything down as possible option bc it still gives me hope.

Andielyn and merylg like this.
  18. Clerner

Clerner Senior Member

Sarasota Florida
    I have tried mono laurin for about 1 year now. No energy or less pain, but great for helping yeast overgrowth. Going to try oregamax for yeast now.

merylg likes this.
  19. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    I'm on a protocol right now against the EBV virus and am seeing some improvement. I'm only taking natural anti-virals right now along with some other supps. If you are interested I would be happy to share.

Andielyn and Clerner like this.
  20. Clerner

Clerner Senior Member

Sarasota Florida
    Thats good news. Yes, please share...is the ebv virus the only one you have? Please tell me your natural anti virals and supplements. Thanks!

See more popular forum discussions.