• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

antiviral price comparison

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Locally here in australia from discount pharmacy, probably the best prices find locally
valtrex(generic) 500mgx30 $57 off label private script
FamvirBrand) 500mgx 60 $190 off label privatescript

Magicpharma, no script needed but always good to have one on hand just in case of customs.
valtrex(generic) 1000mg x 90 $376
famvir(generic) 500mg x 60 $158
Valcyte(generic) 450mg x 28 $464

Universal drug store, prescriptions definately required
valtrex 1000 x 90 $155/generic $295/brand
famvir 500mg x 63 $184/generic, $648/brand
valcyte 450mg x 120 $1225/generic, $2999/brand

4RX, they havechange their payment system to some type of online cheque, no idea how its works so i dont order from them anymore. These guysafter a few orders give u 15% off or 30%more pills, so some perks, their valtrex probably work out best with ongoing discounts like 30% extra pills etc also some meds give free shipping too.
famvir500mg x 60 $289
valtrex 1000mg x 90 $149

VALTREX
4RX valtrex $149 probably work out best with ongoing discounts like 30% extra pills etc. Local pharmacy works out to be $171 for 90 pills so not bad priced, universal drug store well priced also if one feels more comfortable ordering off a site that want a copy of your script.

FAMVIR
magicpharma win pretty easy on price but again if one feels more comfortable with company asking for a script then universal drug store is the one.

VALCYTE
Universal drug store wins hands down for price, still pricey though

Where some companies can catch u out is in shipping chargers, so need to check them out too.
If anyone can compare cheaper meds then im sure you will help alot of us out.

cheers!!!

heapsreal

If this illness was recognised by the australian government we would pay $33 a script and even less if on a disability pension, which if people could get cheaper antivirals and doctors who understand how they work in cfs, maybe they would have less people on disability in the first place. The costreally adds up when your on the meds for a long time.

cheers!!!

ukxmrv

That's Heapsreal, that is very useful!

Something I try to do as well is get CIPLA products if I can.

I think that it could have been 4RX that supplied another generic Valtrex for me (I'd asked for Cipla) and within a few days I could see that it wasn't working.

It's a pity that the generic Valctye is still out of my price range.

heapsreal

I know im partial to famvir but its also better priced then any of the valtrex and probably a broader range of effects. Saying all that if i couldnt get valcyte i would look into using both valtrex and famvir together.
ukxmrv i have heard the same about 4rx valtrex not being as good. magicpharma famvir is made by mcleods, i can say those babies help.

cheers!!!