• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Antiretroviral Trial

Charles555nc

What dose did you try Nexavir, Im on 2ml a day everyday? Are you on the alpha lipoic acid or did you decide against that?

Man I had some pizza today, trying to enjoy the weekend and it made my joints hurt like crazy. I wonder what additives are in it.

Id be interested to see what adding chelation to your meds would do. Chelation strips away the metals from the outside protective layer of biofilm. Biofilm can make the bacteria and viruses inside of it 10,000x more resistant to medications.

You get biofilm overgrowth (some is natural in the intestines) when your immune system is compromied for a long period of time. Hip implant with metal parts are notorious for biofilm growth, but immune compromised ppl probably are probably only slightly less bad. Inside blood vessels, tops of organs, inside gall bladders, I bet we have tons of bad biofilm inside us that started to grow when we got infected.

undcvr

1:640 for HHV6 is not even considered very high. i spoke to someone who researches HHV6 - a really nice french fellow. he told me many healthy people have that titre. i wonder if the drugs are targeting something else entirely in you. who knows what it is....

I don't think this french person is quite rite. These titer values are also associated with active hhv6 symptoms is alot of people it is on the hhv6 foundation website.

Daffodil

thanks charles, i dont even remember how much nexavir i took..i just remember i injected it into myself everyday till i had scars...it helped a little, then stopped helping.

und.....thanks:) this researcher is part of the HHV6 foundation....BUT....someone has agreed to do me a huge favor and test my HHV6 early antigen antibodies..maybe if they are high, it will tell me i have an active infection. but you know..i am not holding my breath. nothing ever works for me.

you know....the more i think about it....the more i am scared of vistide. i mean..maybe its die-off and i am getting too anxious..but all the vomiting...the kidney aches..the stories of some patients ending up with kidney damage....maybe i should just stop and go back on valcyte...now i KNOW valcyte wont work cuz it didnt work before.....but..maybe there is a 1% chance it could work? maybe cuz now my immune system is stronger?? (NK cell function)

i'm sending my blood away yet again on wednesday...

undcvr

Yea have you ever tried Lysine and Proline ? They are supposed to be natural protease inhibitors at high dosages about 5gm.

If you want to take Selenium I suggest Selenate Not Selenite. It is very cheap. Selenium even works for people with HIV. It has been added to HAART before to bring the load down to 'undetectable'

Those side effects are probably not die offs but side effects of the drug itself. You are not feeling any better at all ?

Daffodil

wow thanks guys. i know i am supposed to take selenium and i have it...but i dont take it. i dont know why. bad fog, depression. i just have a hard time forcing myself to do anything nowadays.

i am going to wait until my next batch of bloodwork comes back before deciding anything.

why does increasing AZT help my brain a little? what does that mean?

Charles555nc

Various calcium antagonists, acting on both voltage channels and glutamate operated NMDA receptors, are effective in vitro in reducing neuronal damage induced by HIV proteins. Reductions in glutamate levels also protected neurons from gp120-induced injury, suggesting that they act synergestically and that both are necessary for neuronal cell death [1656845]. Calcium channel blocker nimodipine has shown promise for HIV-induced neurological disorders in a Phase I/II clinical trial [9674806].

From: http://www.autismcalciumchannelopathy.com/Infectious_Agents.html

How about a calcium channel blocker for your brain :D You have much better connections than I do. I just got amantadine prescribed for my complains of positive coxsackie virus a, epstein barr, and hhv6. Totally unexpected.

I read the chinese chickens have received over 2.5 billion doses of Amantadine and thus growing resistance in the flu lol. People are so stupid.

Charles555nc

Human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6) encodes proteins that function as highly effective and adaptive chemokine receptor agonists, attracting cells that express those receptors. HHV-6 encoded U83A gene is able to induce significant calcium mobilization in cells expressing chemokine receptors CCR1, CCR4, CCR6, or CCR8. It has been proposed that this newly uncovered mechanism could have wider implications for neuroinflammatory diseases [16332987, 16365449]

Same site.

Daffodil

thanks all. i took amantadine once and it caused my brain to feel SO bad that i stopped it. in retrospect, maybe i shouldn't have.

i sent blood in for cytokine and nk cell function testing today. also, i am in the process of convincing someone to let me have the HHV6 IgG EA test, which is not commercially available. this will surely give me a clue as to whether the infection is active. when all the results come in, i will decide what to do next.

since azt helped me, i talked to the doctor about taking 400 mg BID, which is more than is considered safe nowadays. i just want to see what would happen, since increasing to 300 BID started to really help. i asked my doc if the high dose could harm me in a couple of months, and he said probably not.

i am still feeling really weird in the lower abdomen area and dont want to take vistide anymore. i called chimerix again...they really hate me over there now (lol) and made it clear to me that they will not give cmx001 to anyone for HHV6. i guess peterson is going to try it for cmv? i have no idea.

i wonder if there is also a possibility of lower-dose vistide (3mg/kg) + valcyte.....i have been told "no" so far.

xoxo

ps..forgot to mention...the chimerix people told me it will be at least 3 more years for cmx001 to come to market.

Charles555nc

Since I cant rely on my memory, I keep a note pad document and I write down what people suggest, if it sounds reasonable, so when i run out of things to try I almost always have something to try next. I write down what my doctor says about certain drugs and what we are going to try next.

Studies I read that I cant handle reading or I think are really good, I keep in a marked internet explorer favorities folder for chronic fatigue or retroviruses.

I started taking Taurine because I read it was calcium antagnonist, havent noticed much yet. And i had to take a short break from the Nexavir.

Update: Also read taurine used in viral hepatitis....

Charles555nc

Interesting, the Taurine maybe made my nerves tingle all over my body. I dont know if this is a good or bad thing. I took 8 grams per some online instructions and because of my own general sense of needing to prevent anti viral vitamins/amino acid deficiencies.

Wanted to post about the Nexavir and why I took a short break, so after 5 days of 2ml Nexavir injection:

Pros:

My sleep schedule went right to normal after a full week of sleep, waking at 6 or 7 pm and going to sleep at 7 or 8 am, after Nexavir I wake up at 8am, go to sleep around 8pm (ok so kinda early)

-Less fibro pain.

-Felt like I could handle alot more stress, went on errands without having to get mentally prepared

Cons:

-Worse numbness
-Worse sexual dysfunction
(I guess both could be attributed to hexheimer but I wanted a break to see how quick the worse numbness would resolve)

After 3 day break I seem less numb but have alot of tingling.

Daffodil

just got some very bad news. my NK cell function, which had gone up to 60 in april of 2011, is now down to 3.

i am guessing that this could be because i stopped azt for a long time, because i stopped tenofovir during the vistide treatment, or development of resistance of whatever was being targeted.