Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Antioxidants in the body besides Glutathione

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by ebethc, Jul 14, 2014.

1. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

I can't tolerate Glutathione at all... I had a bad reaction to a Glutathione IV and Liposomal Glutathione (chills, upset stomach, severe aches)... I don't think it was a detox reaction because I didn't feel any better after my symptoms went away. I definitely need to improve the antioxidants in my body because I get sick all the time, and have a hard time getting better.

What are the other main antioxidants in my body, and how do I improve their effectiveness?

thanks!

2. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    ebethc likes this.
  3. adreno

adreno PR activist

Vitamin C, Vitamin E, CoQ10, Lipoic acid and glutathione are all part of what is known as the body's antioxidant network.

ebethc and Critterina like this.
  4. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

ebethc and heapsreal like this.
  5. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

I should add that vitamins in the B complex have also antioxidant effects, such as B12 and Folate.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    ebethc likes this.
  6. humptydumpty

humptydumpty

I am surprised nobody mentioned Retinol. If you take it you might want to consider your vit d status, especially if you get sick often. Spectracell micronutrient test tests for both.

ebethc likes this.
  7. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

Humptydumpty - how does Retinol influence Vitamin D?

I take Vitamin A drops (Seeking Health brand) and monitor Vitamin D - which tends to be low for me..

thanks

8. humptydumpty

humptydumpty

ebethc likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.