1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Antifungal Lufenuron: Anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Lou, May 10, 2013.

1. Lou

Lou Senior Member

southeast US
    It's a bit embarrassing to ask as this is actually an animal medicine, but there's a lot of information about it on the web regarding people using it with apparent success.

Another member here mentioned it in another thread, and it does sound promising. Of course, the big question is safety.

Has anyone used this product? Your thoughts, results?

Thanks,
  2. Moxie

Moxie

VA
    I haven't used it on myself, but I'm a veterinarian so can speak about it a bit. Lufenuron inhibits the formation of chitin, which is present in the cell wall of fungi, thus inhibiting the ability to reproduce. It was initially developed as a flea preventative (chitin is also present in flea eggs and exoskeletons of adults), but has since been used with success to treat ringworm (skin fungus) infections in animals also. It's extremely safe in dogs and cats - they can eat the whole box without mishap.

Of course, I'm not a physician and can't speak to its safety in humans. :) Sorry if that's not terribly helpful.
    Lou likes this.
  3. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    I have used it - I bought it from Sara Vaughter http://lufenuroncandidacure.owndoc.com/

It didn't help me or harm me.

I think it's worth a try. Just so you know, she doesn't seem to answer emails - not mine anyway.

GP
    Lou likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.